Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Its Not Over Yet


i love this band <3>
okay so i've listened to death cab six, count it, six times, and still, nothing. I think i may have given up...
okay now for a couple record reviews.
born ruffians - red, yellow and blue
i can't begin to explain my surprise love for this band. An overall incredible album, blending tokyo police club like beats with the flaming lips ambient nature. You cannot help but dance to this, the first great alternative album i've heard of 2008 roughly. Where tokyo police club fails, losing you in their music, the ruffians keep things interesting, always blending great melodies with fun lyrics. Really, very impressive.
overall rating: 8.6/10
born ruffians - i need a life
cut copy - in ghost colours
i know this album came out forever ago, but i feel i never really gave it its credit. Like i mentioned in an earlier post, i haven't heard an electronic album this good since cross. An truly unbelievable album, using incredible beats with beautiful melodies. You cannot help but go crazy dancing to every song on this album. And seeing them at coachella truly made me believe these guys are the future of electro. If you haven't heard it, please do and get ready to take your shirt off.
overall rating: 9.3/10
okay, so next week, i believe, death cab "officially" releases "narrow stairs" so tonight i will post some songs either related to or involving ben gibbard, reminding me of the good days of death cab haha. First, is ben gibbard doing a live version of all apologies by nirvana of course. Pretty good quality. And the other is a very fun cover of the wonderful postal service song, "we will become silhouettes" done by the shins.
So pretty much i got A's or B's on all my midterms. 5 more weeks and i'm done with cal poly and i'm on the move. Its crazy how fast life changes...i find myself trying to shrink all my shirts. As four months ago i was buying larges, i now find myself buying smalls. I am in the best shape of my life, and i am just enjoying where i am. Don't hate.

Ben Gibbard - All Apologies (Nirvana Cover)
The Shins - We Will Become Silhouettes (The Postal Service Cover)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i now own a blog. i just wanted to stop by and let you know how proud i am of you! it is true what our aunt said... and ya, she probably was drunk, but she meant it.
i truely believe that everything happens for a reason and i believe what happened earlier this year made your life better. you are now going on to bigger and better things... and you will meet tons of new people. you have less stress in your life and you are in the best (skinny) shape of your life.
so to conclude this message, i am more proud of you today than i ever have been in my entire life. i also thank God everyday for bringing us closer together... you mean the world to me. i love you brudder!

Chris Solorzano said...

1. Take it easy lady, back up off Kenny. Someone should pass this girl a spoon.
2. My friend brought me to the Death Cab for Cutie secret KROQ show with like 60 people 2 weeks ago. I never really knew who death cab was until at the show someone informed me that it is the same lead singer of Postal Service. Yeah, I know I'm lame.
3. I took my shirt off during Cut Copy's set at Coachella.
4. your aunt drunk is just good times all around, sans a certain joke from Family Guy.