Saturday, March 8, 2008

There Is Hope


so tonight, i just got back from santa clarita, celebrating my grandpa's 90th birthday. Wow, 90, and he's still so sharp, it was great. My entireeee family was there, everyone. I find it hilarious, how no one mentions things to my face, but apparently everyoneee was talking about me behind my back, haha i love it. But not saying anything bad of course, just talking about my life. I only told my dad and my sisters that i wanted to transfer schools, and no one except my cousin lindsey the entire night mentioned it to me, but apparently everyone was talking about it to everyone else, and they all love the idea, and think its for the best. i love my family...but my favorite part of the night was something entirely unexpected. Well right when i got there, my cousin lindsey, who is my age and goes to chapman, brought her roommate/best friend to the festivities, and we really hit it off. You see, i didn't really have any interest in her, but meeting her and talking to her forever made me so happy, because she passed the kenny test. For those of you that don't know, the kenny test is a set of standards that i hold all girls in, and it is a ridiculous standard, but one i hold very close to me. My last girlfriend held all of those standards, and one of the reasons i had such a hard time getting over my break up, was i neverrr thought i would find someone again that held all of my standards, but my cousins friend, met absolutely all of those. She went to catholic school her entire life, beautiful, strong family values, doesn't like partying, naturally pretty, dresses really well, listens to good music, very sociable, plans for the future and a few more. Again, i may never see her again, but the fact is that there are other girls out there for me, and she seemed soo interested in me hahaha. It was awkward though because whenever we would talk, everyone would stare and smile, wow that wasn't obvious... and that made my week, maybe my month. There is hope!
Sorry i haven't been posting lately, i have had sooo much to do, its hard to find the time. But how about that project runway finale! Ahhh i love that jillian, but i knew she wouldn't win...christian had it locked up. And now top chef starts! suhweet
Wow, i'm really tired, but tonight i guess i'll post a couple random songs. the first is a gwen stefani song covered by ff, haha its pretty funny. And the other is a good cover of "the best song of 2007" all my friends, by a good indie band called the main drag.
I hope everyone's friday went well, gnite.

Franz Ferdinand - What You Waiting For? (Gwen Stefani Cover)
The Main Drag - All My Friends (LCD Soundsystem Cover)

No comments: